Introduction of Folding Window
It is a great idea to open the house to all possible means. Everyone loves to be outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. A folding window is one of the best ways to quickly and easily open the indoor space for the outdoor space, as well as make it easier to get through the windows. This is a great idea for a place with a warm climate. Ordinary windows can also be useful for this purpose but working with folding windows is much easier.
What Is Folding Window?
The folding window is a unique window that creates new opportunities to open the living space to outdoor spaces. This window folds upwards and gives approximately twice the opening of a traditional double-hung window. When this window is closed, the folding window provides the look, feel, finish, and performance of other wooden windows.
This window folds inwards like a double-hung window. Sash doesn’t stay offset but stays inline. This window can give a more contemporary look. These windows are with sill and also without sill. The screen in this window can stay outside when opening and closing.
Sizes of Folding Window and Specifications
A folding window is a window system designed to include multiple panels fixed for folding. The window can be folded on one side or folded in opposite directions on both sides. It is advisable to keep the window width up to 6m. There should be 3 to 8 panels with a minimum width of 50cm and a maximum width of 85cm. Aluminum or wood is often used to make folding window systems. Custom windows can be based on personal preference. This includes choosing colors, frames, and grid profiles. These windows also have a locking system to increase security.
Use of Folding Windows
This window can be used for both commercial and residential spaces. The specialty of folding windows is the ability to fully open the view. When the window is open, it has no bar or mule obstruction. This is the reason that allows for a beautiful view. Different seal options are available to meet the requirements of each application, design, and operation.
Use of Folding Windows in Residential
These windows are used for a closed patio, sunroom, and serving window between the kitchen and dining room in a residential area. Strong aluminum is used to make folding glass walls. This frame is durable, non-warp, non-rot, and does not require constant maintenance. We can use many screening options to keep away unwanted pests so that we can enjoy the natural environment to the fullest.
Use of Folding Windows in Commercial
These windows are used in commercial areas such as restaurant windows, hotel windows, and stadium boxes. Food can be exchanged through folding glass windows from a restaurant or kitchen in a place like a patio seat.
An aluminum frame is very useful for folding glass windows for hospital or retirement home facilities. In such cases, many ADA-compliant seal options come in handy to meet the code requirements.
Use of Folding Window in Kitchen
Below are some ideas on how to use folding windows in different ways in the kitchen.
Bifold Kitchen Window looks awesome.
- A folding window is used to pass through which can open to the outside. Then decorating the dining area outside is a great option.
- The folding window can open the kitchen to the outside and has the ability to easily and stylishly turn it into an outdoor-indoor space.
- The black-framed folding window as a backsplash of the kitchen gives a stunning look as well as is useful for breathing in the fresh air and providing plenty of natural light.
Folding windows with such a black frame can be an ideal option if used for a rustic space.
- The kitchen is decorated with a mix of black and white and has a folding window, a table, a window sill, and a high stool. All this gives an extraordinary architectural look.
also read: How Many Tiles Do I Need?
Custom Folding Window
Each type of folding window is available in a completely custom style so that it can be used for specific tasks. As a result, the number of panels, the direction of the panel, the unit, and the dimensions of the panel can all be made to the desired size. So different options like wood veneer in the frame can be used to mimic the look of a true wooden window as well as other decorating options.
Corrosion-resistant anodized options are also available in which the frame is available in two types: thermal and non-thermal. Non-thermal frames can be used in indoor areas that are not exposed to rain or wind.
Grid and Glass Profile
A variety of shapes can be chosen, including square, oggy, and traditional shapes. The visual appeal can be added by matching the gridwork frame finish or applying a different color. Any decorative glass can be used in folding windows for example stained glass, art glass, etched glass, etc.
Such secure, versatile and chic windows are also known as ‘concertina windows’, ‘servery windows’, and ‘foldable windows’.
Types of Folding Window
There are different types of folding windows as follows.
1. fold-up window
2. bi-fold window
1. Fold Up Windows
The foldup window does not open outwards but folds at the top of the frame. Moving panels are stacked on top of the window frame.
Moving panels are mounted on rollers and fitted to the track for ease of use. These rollers are mounted in tracks on both sides of the frame.
Some people refer to a fold-up window as “vertical folding windows” or “vertical fold up windows”.
2. Bifold Windows
These windows do not open to the outside but fold to the side of the frame. Moving panels are stacked on one side of the main window frame.
Moving panels are mounted on rollers and fitted to the track for ease of use. These rollers are mounted in the tracks above and below the frame.
Some people refer to a bifold window as “horizontal folding windows” or “horizontal bifold windows”.
Folding Window Replacement
A new window needs to be installed in case the old window in the house is corroded or rotten. If a new window is to be installed in the kitchen then a folding window is a good choice as it provides good ventilation and can also be used as a picture window. The folding window makes it easy to pass through an object without any obstruction.
Folding Window Installation Cost
The cost of the folding windows depends on factors like labor, glass material, frame material, and size. The estimated cost of installing this window can range from $ 600 to $ 3000. Its average cost can be $ 1500.
Advantages of Folding Windows
Here, is the list of pros of folding windows as follows.
- Windows made of materials such as aluminum, vinyl, or wood are strong and rigid.
- A folding window system of good material does not corrode or crack.
- The large size of the folding window provides ample light, air, and space.
- This window proves to be excellent in terms of energy efficiency.
- Being stylish they offer a sleek look and are able to easily open up space.
also read: Are Aluminum Windows Better Than Vinyl?
Disadvantages of Folding Windows
Here, is the list of cons of folding windows as follows.
- Installing this window is very expensive as it takes up a lot of space on the wall.
- They are susceptible to pests if the proper coating is not applied for protection.
- This window is very difficult to install so you need an expert to install it.
- As these windows are less water-resistant, they do not work well in areas with high rainfall.
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Suggested Read –
- Residential Door Types
- Large Picture Windows Price
- Single Hung Vs Double Hung Windows Cost
- Types of Arched Windows | What Is Arched Window?
- Comparison Between Bay Windows and Bow Windows
- Egress Window | What Is Egress Window | Types of Egress Window
- Awning Window | What Is Awning Window? | Benefits of Awning Windows
- Casement Window | What Is Casement Window? | Different Types of Casement Windows